This FULL COLOUR book provides a full tactical analysis of Diego Simeone's 4-4-2 Defending Tactics (123 Tactical Situations) for you the coach to learn from one of the best defensive coaches in the world.
Tactical organisation is the key to Atlético Madrid’s success during Diego Simeone’s reign. He has built a winning culture of commitment, passion, aggressiveness and commitment, and a winning game plan based on excellent defensive organisation. They are extremely difficult to break down, even by the top attacking sides, like Barcelona, Real Madrid and Liverpool, and have consistently been one of the toughest teams to play against in the whole of Europe.
Diego Simeone’s Atlético Madrid have used these defending tactics to achieve great success when competing against teams with far greater resources.
Examples of their incredible Success Against All Odds
- La Liga Winners (2014)
- UEFA Champions League Runners-up (2014 + 2016)
- UEFA Europa League Winners (2012 + 2014)
- UEFA Super Cup Winners (2012 + 2018)
- Copa Del Rey (2013)
- Fewest Goals Conceded in La Liga (2012-13, 2013-14, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19)
- Most Clean Sheets in La Liga (2012-13, 2013-14, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19)
Athanasios Terzis is a UEFA 'A' Licence Coach and has used the tactical analysis of Diego Simeone's Atlético Madrid to produce 47 Practices and Variations.
You can use these ready-made sessions to practice Diego Simeone’s defending tactics and implement them into your training sessions.